Monday, November 25, 2013

39) Honeymooners - 25th November

Newlyweds normally have a honeymoon but in our case that just wasn't possible.

Leigh-Ann's engagement ring.
Designed by myself and made in Nerja
Flying somewhere hot, drinking cocktails and going out for dinners. That's the way it should be.
In our situation we are grateful for a trip to the shops, a cup of coffee near the lake or a short walk.

I was delighted today because Leigh-Ann wanted to buy me a wedding band and have her engagement ring re-sized and felt good enough to out. So, we drove to Chilliwack, collected Grandma and went shopping.

I am starting to get used to lifting the wheelchair in and out of the car. It's not easy. It's heavy and cumbersome. 

Wheeling Leigh-Ann through the mall was fun. People do take notice of a wheelchair coming at them. Especially at speed. Keep your head down and go. People get out of your way. It's fun.
Leigh-Ann in Valencia, April
Sadly, we couldn't get a ring. All the rings I chose were all on a 6 week order and, of course, I want Leigh-Ann to see me wearing it and we just do not know if she will still be here in 6 weeks! Leigh-Ann left her ring for re-sizing.

The good news is that we bought a really nice box of chocolates and had lunch at Timmy Horton's with Grandma. Not a bad result.

It was a good day and the first full day out with Leigh-Ann for a long time. And she is still going...

I think we will go out for an early dinner!


5 comments:

  1. Awh, I am so happy that you two went out on an adventure today!!!!!
    I'm glad it's been really sunny out as well!!!!!
    That's exciting about your rings and I hope you find one soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times like this it's the little things that mean so much and the memories you hold onto for ever. Hugs to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Steve and sweet Leigh Ann, I just found out about the situation you are in at the moment.I just came back from Holland where Atze and I have stayed for a while, he is still there. I switched on my new phone and after re-downloading whatsapp I found the message about the mass for Leigh Ann in the church here in Nerja. Sweet and vibrant Leigh Ann, always when we met there was this big warm smile and your genuine interest. We don't know each other very well, but I do know that you are able to lift up people, make them feel better through your personality. You are a beautiful shining star! So wonderful that you are a happily married couple now, cherish every moment of it! <3 I feel deeply with jou and wish you the moon and the stars in this difficult stage of your life... beautiful moments with your dear ones and hope you have time to make many more nice memories. Un gran abrazo xxx Atze y Cobie, Nerja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leigh-Ann. I feel like I know you well although we have only met once briefly. I know you because of your sister. I have known Earla for over 30 years. And for all of those years that we have been friends, there has not been a visit or phone call where your name has not been brought up. I love that you are one of those few people who has a true sense of adventure. I have told many people your story and their response is always that they are in awe of you. You went to Spain and immersed yourself in the language and culture and succeeded. Many people talk of doing such things but you did it. You are inspiring. For your past journeys and the one you are on now. And you are loved dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear you had a day out ring shopping and with a spot of nice weather!! Love and hugs to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete