Wednesday, December 11, 2013

50) Happy - 11th December

This is my 50th Blog!

Leigh-Ann's story has attracted over 18,000 visitors to date. I guess that says a lot about her and her story.

I gave this Blog the heading "Happy" because I am probably the happiest I have ever been in my life. Strange? Weird? Maybe both but it is true.

First dip in the Ocean
Unless you have been in my situation you will not understand this.

Being given the opportunity to care for Leigh-Ann has been the greatest gift I can imagine.

We talk about things that really matter. We don't argue about silly things. We appreciate what we have. We take nothing for granted.

It can be challenging. Sometimes exhausting. Never boring.

I make sure Leigh-Ann gets her medication on time. I ensure that she takes extra pain medication as soon as it is needed. I encourage her to rest. I make her meals. I massage her. I push her around in her wheelchair.
The Wheelchair has other uses
We are in Maui but we cannot do what a couple on honeymoon would normally do: swim in the ocean, go out for dinner, walk along the beach, drink too much at a beach bar. Nevertheless it is the best holiday I have ever had.

Caring for Leigh-Ann is the most rewarding thing I have ever done and the best thing I have ever done.

As for today. We did very little. Sat on the beach. Leigh-Ann rested. I went running. 

This evening we walked (pushed/rolled) along the main street in Lahaina. We shared an Hawaiian "mahi" fish taco.


Front Street, Lahaina

2 comments:

  1. This entry makes me happy too. I am so glad that Leigh-Ann got to go to Hawaii and I hope that the two of you continue to have a lovely honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 50th! And thank you so much for allowing us into your thoughts. You are truly a special man and totally made for someone as special as Leigh-Ann. Your love for each other shines through and it is a pleasure to witness. Love and hugs to an extraordinary couple. xxx

    ReplyDelete